Monday, December 6, 2010

Piecing progress!

Step 3 of the www.quiltville.com mystery quilt is done. Bonnie was right! There were lots of fabrics used in the string-pieced blocks, and I chose not neutral prints, but yellows. Did it deplete the stash? Well, no, but it used lots of scraps, which was great. And, had a ripping time removing the papers!
Plus, the leader and ender project is now assembled!

60 string pieced blocks - and some of the paper removed.

Lots and lots of yellows used in these.

The leader and ender project is assembled, awaiting border.

Double nine patch - detail.

2 comments:

Ann Marie @ 16 Muddy Feet said...

I have to get my butt in gear, I started the whole thing on sunday, finished clue 1, started clue 2 yesterday, and clue 3..........Oh my!!!! Friday is how many days away???

queenjewel said...

I love the simple use of colours in these designs